By the way, my dad is not much of a smiler so don't be surprised if he doesn't look like he's enjoying even though he is haha
While we were in Singapore, we did all the touristy stuff, much to my brother's hipster dismay. He wanted that off-the-beaten-track kind of trip but it turned out to be difficult given that many of Singapore's attractions really cater to tourists. So, we did it all. To make things more interesting for all you readers out there planning a trip to Singapore, I've included a little suggestion to take your trip up a notch:
- Obligatory photos with the Merlion at Merlion Park. Suggestion: take a photo with all EIGHT Merlion statues in Singapore.
- Go to Universal Studios Singapore. Suggestion: explore other attractions in Sentosa (check out my next post!)
- Taste the local delicacies of Singapore. Suggestion: take a food trip at Lau Pa Sat (Telok Ayer Market).
- Visit Marina Bay Sands or go shopping at the shops at Marina Bay. Suggestion: stay until the early evening and watch the Wonderful Light and Water Show right in front of Marina Bay.
- Eat DURIAN! Suggestion: eat it as ice cream or drink durian coffee.
- Ride the Singapore Flyer! It's a bit of a splurge for an approx. 30-minute ride but I think seeing the city from that vantage point was worth it. Suggestion: Do it at sunset! The views would be AH-MAZ-ING! Bonus fun fact: as of 2014, the Singapore Flyer is the world's SECOND tallest ferris wheel, second only to the High Roller in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Universal Studios Singapore experience!
What about you? Got any stories to share about the Garden City? Have questions about our trip? Sound off in the comments below! :)