The rides were pretty much unremarkable, IMHO, but the lines were terribly long! Some even had waiting times up to two hours for regular passes. EXPRESS PASSES (which get you through the lines A LOT quicker) are definitely the way to go if you want experience all the rides. Most rides in USSg aren't too extreme which is a really good thing if you've got smaller kids with you. But in our case, my brother and I were all for the adrenaline-rush-inducing attractions.
We had to queue for around an hour and a half to go on the newly renovated Battlestar Galactica Ride. It had two separate tracks: the HUMAN track, which is basically your same old high-speed roller coaster; and the CYLON track, which runs upside down! Obviously I wanted to go on the CYLON track but in our excitement (and hurry to get to the line ASAP), we didn't realize that we were on the HUMAN track until it was already time to board the ride. Which sucked, but I wasn't about to queue another 2 hours!
Some rides, like Shrek's 4D adventure, didn't take too long so we thought we might as well go. As far as rides go, that one was pretty entertaining, especially if you're a fan of the movies.
It was such a shame that we got there so late. There are a lot of other places to check out in Sentosa aside from USSg that we were not able to explore. On a positive note: all the more reason to go back!
If you want to make the most out of your day in Sentosa, here are a few suggestions:
- Buy EXPRESS PASSES for USSg! Trust me, the added expense is worth the time you'll be able to save!
- Get your tickets online and avoid the long queues at the entrance. Plus, you might also find some awesome deals and promos available exclusively for online purchases.
- Bring your own bottle of water. Concessions inside the park are expensive. Save a few bucks by refilling your water bottles at water fountains.
- Plan your trip! Check out their website to see the schedules for the Hollywood Dreams Parade and the Lake Hollywood Fireworks display.
- Check out the Singapore Trick-Eye Museum, also in Sentosa, and take lots and lots of cool trick shots with optical illusions! (separate entrance fee)
- Go meet your favorite celebrities at Madame Tussaud's Sentosa (separate entrance fee)
- Take the monorail/Sentosa Express from Vivo City (Harbourfront Station) and get off at WATERFRONT Station. The entrance to the park is just a stone's throw away from the station.
- Regular admission fee is at S$74 for an adult one-day pass
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Have you been/Would you like to go to Universal Studios Singapore? Which attractions are you most excited about? Comment below, I'd love to hear your stories! :)