The best part about the Gardens is that it's FREE! Yep, the outdoor gardens and the Supertree grove do not require admission fees. But if you're already visiting the Gardens, I suggest you spare a few bucks to pay for the admission tickets to the domed conservatories. It's worth it, I swear! I particularly enjoyed going through Cloud Forest, a climate-controlled dome that allows plants usually found in colder climates and higher altitudes to thrive. Although the Flower Dome is open everyday, they sometimes have special exhibitions featured for limited periods of time. Be sure to check their schedule online when planning your own trip.
Don't miss out on the majestic Supertree grove! Get a panoramic view of the Gardens by strolling along the OCBC Skyway which runs through the Supertrees... for an additional fee. Be sure to stick around during the early hours of the evening to witness Garden Rhapsody, a lights and sounds show featuring the Supertrees. When we went to the Gardens, the show featured a a John Williams and Disney medley... which was AMAZING! (Fun fact: the Supertrees power themselves at night using the energy collected by solar panels found on top of the Supertrees)
- I think the best time to visit the Gardens is in the afternoons. Escape the midday heat by going through the conservatories first and then taking a stroll through the outdoor gardens in the late afternoon (right around sunset). End your visit by watching the Garden Rhapsody in the early evening.
- Have a more interactive and educational experience by renting an audio guide from the tourist information counter for S$4.00
- Bring a light cardigan with you. The conservatories can get a little chilly.
- Take the scenic route by crossing the bridge that links the Gardens to Marina Bay Sands. You can also access the Gardens by train (BAYFRONT Station) or bus.
- Admission to the outdoor gardens is free but other attractions may require an admission fee. Complete admission rate details can be found on their website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Visit their website at www.gardensbythebay.com.sg